FIND CAREERS IN AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAMS AND COLLEGE AND CAREER OUTREACH AT HCDE
Harris County Department of Education’s (HCDE) CASE For Kids program is a regional after-school broker, working with hundreds of local organizations and school districts to provide quality after-school programming to tens of thousands of students each year. CASE for Kids runs a countywide debate league in partnership with the Houston Urban Debate League and offers a regional robotics tournament for local school districts called the All Earth Ecobot Challenge. Learn more about CASE for Kids.
Running one of the largest and oldest 21st Century After-school federal grants in the region, CASE is in need of program specialists to support after-school programs at 10 locations around Harris County. After-school program specialists enjoy part-time work during the week, on weekends and during the summer in a fulfilling field. Work is typically 3-4 hours a day and requires a high school diploma or GED.
Join the CASE for Kids team today and have fun while you work! Apply NOW!
Project-Based Learning Associate
- Coordinate key aspects of CASE for Kids Project-Based Learning initiatives and events. Contribute to the design and review of project materials, facilitate input for project design from clients and colleagues, and conduct outreach to help inform division decisions on how to support school districts. Spearhead efforts to support out-of-school time project-based learning initiatives of collaborating school districts. Provide guidance to Project-Based Learning Assistants. Support 1-2 Saturday events a month.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in related field
- Degree in Education, Social Work or Public Administration or related area of study preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Effective time management skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; specifically, MS Excel, and MS Word
- Ability to multi-task and work well under time constraints
- Experience in coordinating small to large scale projects
- Minimum of 3-years work experience in project-based learning programs or other human service or education programs preferred
- Experience in collaborative project coordination and oversight of a team
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist with planning, implementation and setup for all project-based learning events and meetings.
- Staff project-based learning events which include Saturdays.
- Contribute to the design and review of project materials for assigned project-based learning initiatives.
- Facilitate input for project design from clients and colleagues through surveys, interviews, focus groups and site visits.
- Conduct outreach to school district staff to identify district needs and help inform division decisions.
- Coordinate activities at after-school programs implemented by Project-Based Learning Assistants.
- Support Youth Development Team and contractors with implementation of primary assignment.
- Assist with tracking and managing multiple sources of data.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
|Primary Location||CASE for KIDS|
|Salary Range||$25.11 – $30.81 / Per Hour|